One of the by-products of being a sock knitter is how quickly we accumulate small amounts of leftover sock yarn. Amounts that are big enough to wind into a small ball, but not quite big enough for a project. What does a sock knitter do with leftover sock yarn?
Sometimes I design socks that use up odds and ends, like Diagon Alley.
You can also:
- This 'Fiddly Bits Cowl' has been in my queue for ages, I think it's gorgeous!
- Mitre square blankets are really popular right now, here is an article about how they are made.
- The Yarn Harlot's Traveller's Life Afghan is another scrappy project that has been in my queue forever.
- If you have a lot of patience and a strong sense of commitment, you could make Sock Opus tights.
- My 'girlfriend gift' for my girls this Christmas will probably be a pair of earbuds wrapped in these cute earbud cosies.
- These Modicum Mitts would be lovely and warm.
What do you like to do with your leftover sock yarn?